With INVISALIGN, you can eat whatever you like.
However, with lingual braces and braces with transparent brackets, it is essential that you do not eat the forbidden foods listed below.
Warning, – if you cause the brackets to come unstuck because you have not followed the food advice, treatment will take longer. Teeth very quickly return to their original positions and we will be obliged to start again at the beginning.
All sticky and crunchy foods:
- Walnuts, hazelnuts and pistachios
- Hard and soft sweets (e.g. caramels, carambar etc.).
- Squares of chocolate (chocoholics – let it melt in your mouth).
- Hard ice cream straight from the freezer, ice cubes.
- Raw vegetables, apples and pears must be cut into small pieces before you eat them.
- Fruits with stones must have their stones removed first: cherries, peaches, apricots, olives etc.
- Crunchy baguette (do not eat crunchy bread crusts), crisps and crunchy chips (fries).
- Chewing gum.
- Do not chew on pens.